We are thrilled to announce that the Foundation for the Study of Cycles (FSC) cycles app has been selected as a finalist in The Technical Analyst Awards 2022 in the categories of Best Specialist Product/Research and Most Innovative New Product. (Note: Members have free access to the basic version of the app.)
The Technical Analyst Awards celebrate the best in research, data, software, and artificial intelligence. Now in its 14th year, it is the financial market's most comprehensive awards designed exclusively for banks, research houses, and vendors.
Dr. Richard Smith, Chairman of the Board and Executive Director of the FSC said, “We are thrilled to be named a finalist for The Technical Analyst Award in two different categories. It’s a testament to both our pioneering founders as well as the hard work of FSC Board Member Lars von Thienen and his free weekly YouTube sessions.”
He added, “We are working hard at the FSC to restore the vision of our original founders from way back in 1941. We are proud that we’ve been able to leverage modern technology and data science to better understand the role that cycles play in markets and in life.”
Here are some testimonials we received from app users:
- “Top quality educational material. Pretty sure I should go back to my university and show them your videos then ask them for a refund.” –YouTube comments
- “Fabulous work on cycles across several time-series data and asset classes.” –YouTube comments
The cycles app processes over 300,000 individual cycles analysis calls each month – in its first year, the app processed 3.5 million.
The basic version of the cycles app is free when you join the FSC. Click here to become a Member.
We are thrilled to announced the creation of the Edward R. Dewey Cycles Award in honor of Founder, Edward R. Dewey. Dewey devoted his life to the study of cycles and the Award aims to build on that work by supporting and encouraging cycles research.
Dr. Richard Smith, Chairman of the Board and Executive Director commented, “Our mission is to support the scientific study of cycles. The Dewey Award is part of a broad plan to unite and energize a worldwide community of cycles researchers. Bringing their work together in one forum will amplify their findings and inspire more research.”
Scholarly papers will be accepted until January 31, 2021 at Midnight. Learn more at cycles.org/DeweyAward2021.
A single finalist will receive:
- Cash prize of USD $5,000
- Invitation to present winning paper at the FSC broadcast event
- Full text or summary may be published in Cycles Magazine, in the monthly newsletter, on the FSC’s website, and in the FSC Knowledge Base
We encourage the study of cycles in all areas, including but not limited to:
- Natural Phenomena: Animal / plant life, geology, weather, quantum processes, magnetism, astronomy, solar activity, electromagnetic spectrum
- Mathematics & Computing: Cryptography, data compression, entropy vs. fractal cycles, game theory, computing innovation
- Business & Economics: Financial markets, GPD, taxation, interest rates, inflation, real estate, poverty, production / manufacturing
- Human Cycles: Blood pressure, sleep, breathing, emotions, creativity, disease / pandemics, mortality, stress, fatigue, marriage/divorce
- Social & Political: Political events, social unrest / wars, immigration, inter-generational cycles, music, art, language, sports, crime, traffic
To learn more about the Edward R. Dewey Cycles Award and to submit a paper visit cycles.org/DeweyAward2021.