We are thrilled to announced the creation of the Edward R. Dewey Cycles Award in honor of Founder, Edward R. Dewey. Dewey devoted his life to the study of cycles and the Award aims to build on that work by supporting and encouraging cycles research.
Dr. Richard Smith, Chairman of the Board and Executive Director commented, “Our mission is to support the scientific study of cycles. The Dewey Award is part of a broad plan to unite and energize a worldwide community of cycles researchers. Bringing their work together in one forum will amplify their findings and inspire more research.”
Scholarly papers will be accepted until January 31, 2021 at Midnight. Learn more at cycles.org/DeweyAward2021.
A single finalist will receive:
- Cash prize of USD $5,000
- Invitation to present winning paper at the FSC broadcast event
- Full text or summary may be published in Cycles Magazine, in the monthly newsletter, on the FSC’s website, and in the FSC Knowledge Base
We encourage the study of cycles in all areas, including but not limited to:
- Natural Phenomena: Animal / plant life, geology, weather, quantum processes, magnetism, astronomy, solar activity, electromagnetic spectrum
- Mathematics & Computing: Cryptography, data compression, entropy vs. fractal cycles, game theory, computing innovation
- Business & Economics: Financial markets, GPD, taxation, interest rates, inflation, real estate, poverty, production / manufacturing
- Human Cycles: Blood pressure, sleep, breathing, emotions, creativity, disease / pandemics, mortality, stress, fatigue, marriage/divorce
- Social & Political: Political events, social unrest / wars, immigration, inter-generational cycles, music, art, language, sports, crime, traffic
To learn more about the Edward R. Dewey Cycles Award and to submit a paper visit cycles.org/DeweyAward2021.