In this short but fascinating video, FSC Board Member Andrew Pancholi gives us a cycles lesson about history (or a history lesson about cycles).
Take a look at an 82- to 84-year cycle of disruption, revolution and great change, from the history of world events to Harry and Megan and turmoil in the British Royal Family.
We are thrilled to announce the release of the second issue of the revived Cycles Magazine, a special 80th Anniversary edition.
Cycles Magazine is a quarterly publication that showcases the work of Members and cycles researchers from all over the world. It is exciting to see Members submitting their cycles research. We hope you will participate by submitting your research.
Cycles Magazine is our commitment to preserve and sustain the heritage of the FSC and advance Founder Edward R. Dewey’s original vision of the FSC as a not-for-profit institution dedicated to discovering and promoting a new science of cycles.
In this issue, read:
- Two articles by Edward R. Dewey: Stock Prices and Space and Stock Prices, Mercury and Space
- An update of Dewey’s articles by Bill Sarubbi: Stock Prices, Mercury and Space in 2021
- Theodore Modis: A Hard-Science Approach to Kondratieff’s Economic Cycle
- Edward Samokhvalov: Geomagnetic Butterfly Pattern
- Andrew Pancholi: Forecasting Long-Term Market Cycles
- Michel Jacquemai: The Curious Cycle of Pestilence
- Lars von Thienen: Asymmetric Business Cycles and Skew Factors
Enjoy! And let us know your thoughts.
Registration is now open for the Science Cycles Summit.
As part of our celebration of the FSC's 80th Anniversary, FSC Board Member and Science Director, Ray Tomes is hosting the Science Cycles Summit live on Saturday, January 16, 2021. This all day event will feature presentations from luminaries in the field of cycles science. All times are EST:
- Noon: Ray Tomes - The 586-Million-Year Cycle in Geology and Climate
- 1 PM: Chuck Blatchley - Beginnings of Wave Mechanics
- 2 PM: Ed Oberg - 61 Lunar Nodal Cycle
- 3 PM: Leslie Carol Botha - Women: An Overlooked Biomarker in the Scientific Study of Cycles
- 4 PM: Pavel Kalenda - Solar Cycles, Geology, and Climate
- 5 PM: David Katzmire - The Cycles of Change: Patterns of World History
- 6 PM: Ray Tomes - Waves of Galactic Clusters and the Hubble Constant
Click here to register today! We look forward to seeing you.
In his blog post from 2018, Foundation for the Study of Cycles’ Chairman of the Board and CEO, Dr. Richard Smith, wrote, “One of the things that I am personally most excited about is that we have secured all of the physical assets of the FSC... Here is a picture of what we found in the Palm Springs storage unit when we first arrived.”
Smith continues, “After nearly two weeks of tireless work by Nathaniel Hansen, I am very pleased to report that these archives are in much better condition today.”
Thousands of documents were organized. Some have been scanned and are available in the FSC Library, which is accessible to Members. Others are precious, one-of-a-kind documents that have yet to be scanned.
One of the main priorities of the Foundation over the last two years was to secure a safe place and environment in which to store the archives. Recently Smith rolled up his sleeves again and prepared the new storage space.
We are all resting much easier knowing these irreplaceable materials that trace the history and work of FSC are in a safe place.