Registration is now open for the Science Cycles Summit.
As part of our celebration of the FSC's 80th Anniversary, FSC Board Member and Science Director, Ray Tomes is hosting the Science Cycles Summit live on Saturday, January 16, 2021. This all day event will feature presentations from luminaries in the field of cycles science. All times are EST:
- Noon: Ray Tomes - The 586-Million-Year Cycle in Geology and Climate
- 1 PM: Chuck Blatchley - Beginnings of Wave Mechanics
- 2 PM: Ed Oberg - 61 Lunar Nodal Cycle
- 3 PM: Leslie Carol Botha - Women: An Overlooked Biomarker in the Scientific Study of Cycles
- 4 PM: Pavel Kalenda - Solar Cycles, Geology, and Climate
- 5 PM: David Katzmire - The Cycles of Change: Patterns of World History
- 6 PM: Ray Tomes - Waves of Galactic Clusters and the Hubble Constant
Click here to register today! We look forward to seeing you.
In his blog post from 2018, Foundation for the Study of Cycles’ Chairman of the Board and CEO, Dr. Richard Smith, wrote, “One of the things that I am personally most excited about is that we have secured all of the physical assets of the FSC... Here is a picture of what we found in the Palm Springs storage unit when we first arrived.”
Smith continues, “After nearly two weeks of tireless work by Nathaniel Hansen, I am very pleased to report that these archives are in much better condition today.”
Thousands of documents were organized. Some have been scanned and are available in the FSC Library, which is accessible to Members. Others are precious, one-of-a-kind documents that have yet to be scanned.
One of the main priorities of the Foundation over the last two years was to secure a safe place and environment in which to store the archives. Recently Smith rolled up his sleeves again and prepared the new storage space.
We are all resting much easier knowing these irreplaceable materials that trace the history and work of FSC are in a safe place.